Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bottle Drying Racks

In NYC its hard to find something that's small and functional to dry your bottles. I know a lot of people like to wash their bottles in the dishwasher. More power to you, but I think that the high heat makes the bottles/nipples deteriorate faster, and who knows how that breaks down the plastic and if that will get into the formula or breast milk. Call me paranoid but I'm a hand washer. So I found this cute and tiny little bottle drying rack thinking it was the answer to my bottle drying dilemma. It was okay.... okay in retrospect it sucked.

The problems were that this rack does not drain the water, leaving you with slimy water sitting at the bottom. The racks have a hard time staying up when loaded with too much stuff. Last but not least it just wasn't big enough. I then looked into a few racks. I even tried a few others including this cool looking Skip Hop one.



But although this one looks really cool, I didn't think it was as functional as it could be. I didn't think it drained that well, and It really didn't hold as much as I wanted it to. In the end I settled for this one.



It looks large, and well it is. But trading in NYC for greener pastures in Texas I have a lot more counter space. But in reality the footprint of this isn't that much bigger than the Munchkin one above and I LOVE IT. It has two tiers, the bottom one holds bottles and miscellaneous, the top level is adjustable in height and holds nipples and any remaining odds and ends. It drains directly into the sink, and if you don't want it to, it comes with a little tray to catch the water run off as an alternative. And to top it off, it spins !!! The reviews for this were positive, except for people that used glass bottles. Apparently the sticks that hold the bottles won't support the weight of glass. But hey don't use glass. Even this crazy mom is using plastic. If you want to see why, see my post on bottles. Its available at Babies R Us and is made by First Years.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2747237

No comments:

Post a Comment